Date:      Sat, 27 Nov 1999 12:42:04 -0800
From:      Chris Piazza <cpiazza@jaxon.net>
To:        Marc van Woerkom <van.woerkom@netcologne.de>
Cc:        king@sstar.com, jkh@zippy.cdrom.com, sreid@sea-to-sky.net, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Success: Quake 3 DemoTest under FreeBSD with RIVA TNT too!

On Sat, Nov 27, 1999 at 09:14:03PM +0100, Marc van Woerkom wrote:
> Done. There were some pitfalls, but I think I have something now that can be
> turned into an easy solution with some additional help.
>
> Stuff and instructions are on:
>
>     http://www.freebsd.org/~3d/apps/games/quake3
>
> I split it up into three parts (glx, linux_glx and q3test).
>
> Theremaining problem is to add the correct dependencies, so
> that building q3test would build all other necessary stuff.
>
> (Chris, could have a look at it? I want that stuff in
>  the ports tree and would need your comments on what
>  to change :)

Hi.  the ports look good, only a couple minor nits.

q3test:
You should use
NO_BUILD=       yes

instead of creating a dummy Makefile.

linux_glx, no problems.

glx, did we ever get the PLIST sorted out for this port?  Other than
that it was fine IIRC.

> - how to make screen shots, that game binds the cursor
>   and keyboard to its window, even if it is not full screen.
>   Tried xv with delay, but I had no luck so far.
>   Looking into the binary, it seems to have the possibility
>   to allow screenshots, but how? :)

F11

> - Is it possible to print out some benchmarks? How?

Yes, but I don't remember how :-).

-Chris
--
cpiazza@jaxon.net   cpiazza@FreeBSD.org