Date:      Thu, 8 Apr 2010 15:29:52 -0700
From:      perikillo <perikillo@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 8: Postfix policyd-weight not working!!!

On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 2:57 PM, Noel Jones <noeldude@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
> > [192.168.49.7]
> > Apr  8 07:02:31 filtro postfix/smtp[6725]: connect to X.org[X.Y.Z.W]:25:
> > Operation timed out
> > Apr  8 07:02:31 filtro postfix/smtp[6725]: 97002BB47C2: to=<user2@X.org
> >,
> > relay=none, delay=869, delays=839/0.03/30/0, dsn=4.4.1, status=deferred
> > (connect to X.org[X.Y.Z.W]:25: Operation timed out)
>
> You say that X.org should be delivered locally.  Postfix doesn't think
> X.org is a local domain.
>
> > Apr  8 07:10:00 filtro postfix/sendmail[6763]: fatal: root(0): No
> recipient
> > addresses found in message header
>
> This appears that you've used "sendmail -t" to inject some mail, and
> there was no To: header.
> Don't rely on headers for mail routing.
>

> > X.Y.Z.W --> Public address.
> >
> > My postfix settings are this:
> >
> > alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases
> > command_directory = /usr/local/sbin
> > config_directory = /usr/local/etc/postfix
> > daemon_directory = /usr/local/libexec/postfix
> > data_directory = /var/db/postfix
> > debug_peer_level = 2
> > home_mailbox = Maildir/
> > html_directory = /usr/local/share/doc/postfix
> > inet_interfaces = all
> > local_destination_concurrency_limit = 2
> > mail_owner = postfix
> > mailq_path = /usr/local/bin/mailq
> > manpage_directory = /usr/local/man
> > mydomain = X.org
> > myhostname = filtro.X.org
>
> You might want to add
> mydestination = $mydomain $myhostname localhost
>

> > myorigin = $mydomain
> > newaliases_path = /usr/local/bin/newaliases
> > queue_directory = /var/spool/postfix
> > readme_directory = /usr/local/share/doc/postfix
> > relay_domains = $transport_maps
>
> Bad idea.  If you add a transport for eg. hotmail, you become an
> instant open relay.  Don't reuse transport_maps this way.
>
> If mail is delivered locally on this box, relay_domains should be
> explicitly set empty.
> relay_domains =
>

> > sample_directory = /usr/local/etc/postfix
> > sendmail_path = /usr/local/sbin/sendmail
> > setgid_group = maildrop
> > smtpd_delay_reject = yes
> > smtpd_helo_required = yes
> > smtpd_recipient_restrictions = permit_mynetworks,
> > reject_unauth_destination,      reject_non_fqdn_recipient,
> > reject_invalid_helo_hostname,   check_policy_service
> > inet:[192.168.49.7]:12525
> > soft_bounce = no
> > transport_maps = hash:/usr/local/etc/postfix/transport
> > unknown_local_recipient_reject_code = 550
> >
> > Now, my transport file is:
> >
> > nis.X.org    smtp:[192.168.49.6]  ----->jail-A
> >
> > Is created:  transport.db
> >
> > Another think, in the log I don't see went is touching "policyd-weight:
> > 12525" or this is just for the outside connections?
>
> Mail that's permitted by "permit_mynetworks" or submitted via the
> sendmail(1) interface won't trigger the policy server in your config.

Thanks Noel for your quick answer, just would like to inform u that this is
a spam server not a email server, once this server accept the email, he need
to send it to the real mail server, is other machine in the network(other
jail).

 This is why I'm using the transport stuff, if exist a more secure way
please let me know, spam server + email server exist in the same
network(jails).

 The test  was made with telnet, about the sendmail, I don't know went I
setup something about sendmail, I just have been working with postfix.

 Thanks again!!!