Date:      Fri, 10 Mar 2000 08:05:04 -0600
From:      "Jeffrey J. Mountin" <jeff-ml@mountin.net>
To:        "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FrontPage extensions on Apache

At 09:52 PM 3/9/00 -0500, Matthew N. Dodd wrote:
>I'm working on revamping the way Apache and Apache modules are built.  I'm
>resigned to stepping on toes and raising a big stink.  The current system
>for building Apache from ports sucks hard and if the current maintainers
>aren't willing to resolve the issues then they need to take a step back
>and ask themselves why they are 'maintainers'.

Personally think this is good, especially as someone that has had to tweak
the ports to conform to my needs.  This much easier with the basic apache13
port.  What I really like is how p5-Apache can find apxs and the conf files
even when the resides in a non-standard location.

>Are you willing to maintain and test a 'mod_fp' port?  I've got Apache,
>mod_ssl and  mod_php[34] mostly sorted out and was going to attack mod_fp
>once I managed to atain sufficient courage.  If you are in a position
>where you can test a 'mod_fp' port it would help me out quite a bit.

Willing to see if mod_php and mod_ssl behave similar to p5-Apache and make
everyone happy.

Also mod_perl and p5-Apache should be sorted out leaving only one version.

Jeff Mountin - jeff@mountin.net
Systems/Network Administrator
FreeBSD - the power to serve