Date:      Tue,  7 Nov 2000 20:38:44 +0100 (CET)
From:      Arjan.deVet@adv.iae.nl (Arjan de Vet)
To:        dgilbert@velocet.ca
Cc:        scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [scsi] Re: iostat: tps for SCSI drives ...

In article <14856.16970.881262.369015@trooper.velocet.net> you write:

>Tony> "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org> wrote:
>>>  what is considered to be a 'saturated drive', as far as tps is
>>> concerned?
>
>Tony> Obviously it depends on the drive. My laptop maxes out at about
>Tony> 70tps but a good scsi disk can do 150. I use `systat -vm` to get
>Tony> some idea of disk load relative to capacity.
>
>And that produces a % busy column.  How does it calculate that number?

I submitted the patch for that % busy row. It tries to calculate the
percentage of time the disk was busy (one or more active commands)
during the time period. There are some gotchas when doing this
calculation, see the source for full details.

My personal source tree now also contains a patch for a 'queue' row
which displays the number of queued commands for the disk.

Arjan

--
Arjan de Vet, Eindhoven, The Netherlands              <Arjan.deVet@adv.iae.nl>