Date:      Tue, 19 Nov 1996 11:27:58 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        ache@nagual.ru (=?KOI8-R?Q?=E1=CE=C4=D2=C5=CA_=FE=C5=D2=CE=CF=D7?=)
Cc:        terry@lambert.org, sos@FreeBSD.org, roberto@keltia.freenix.fr, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Syscons Paste

> > > Is Cut really neccessary? When block is marked, it is already copied,
> > > only Paste is neccesssary...
> >
> > How do I say I am done marking, via keyboard?
> >
> > Whatever that command is, it's "cut".
>
> Currently you can't do marking with keyboard and its implementing
> require some rewritting while Paste implementing not require
> anything except adding a key for it.

If I have to move my hands away from the keyboard to the mouse to
cut (losing "home row" and having to actually burn some time finding
where my hands go again, maybe even looking at the keyboard if I don't
have the standard "f and j" bumps), I might as well keep my hands on
the mouse for the paste operation.

So without the ability to mark (cut) via keyboard, pasting via keyboard
is a pretty useless exercise... especially if it eats a keycode that is
useful (easy to type), or if it is a complex "stand on one leg, hold
down the shift key" that I can't wire into my medulla (like vi commands
can be wired.   Thought -> action.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---