Date:      Thu, 6 Apr 2000 23:42:19 +0100
From:      J McKitrick <jcm@freebsd-uk.eu.org>
To:        stable <stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   probing delay during bootup

I remember under 3.x there was a probe for a second ide drive during the
boot that could be removed by commenting out that drive in the config.  I've
noticed 4.0 oes something similar, but i'm not sure which entry it is.  It
lookslike they are all needed.  Is there any way to remove this probe and
shorten the boot time?  I'm running on a laptop, so all i have is one HD and
a CDROM.

jm