Date:      Thu, 6 Apr 2000 18:47:04 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Kenny Drobnack <kdrobnac@mission.mvnc.edu>
To:        Walter Brameld <brameld@twave.net>
Cc:        J McKitrick <jcm@freebsd-uk.eu.org>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD-4.0 and Parallel Port Zip 100 Drive (fwd)

Could you please send a copy of your kernel config file?  I've tried and
tried, and cannot get the parallel port zip to work at all.  I've double
and triple and even quadruple check, and all my settings match up with
what LINT seems to say they should be.  Once I figure out what you're
doing different from me, I can post what I was doing wrong to the GNATS
page.
	Just to be sure, you are talking about 4.0-RELEASE, right?

> On Thu, 06 Apr 2000, in a never-ending search for enlightenment, J McKitrick wrote:
> > There is a known issue with parallel port zips and 4.0 right now.  It is
> > being checked out.
> >
> > Is this a laptop or a desktop machine?
>
> What is the issue? Mine seems to be working fine.
>
> --
> Walter Brameld
>
> Microsoft: Where do you want to go today?
> Linux:     Where do you want to go tomorrow?
> BSD:       Are you guys coming, or what?
> Walter:    And what does THIS button do??

-----
In computer terms, hardware is the stuff you can hit with a baseball bat,
and software is the stuff you can only swear at.
   -from a web page explaining what hardware, software, and firmware are
----