Date:      Wed, 6 Jan 1999 16:27:34 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Brian W. Buchanan" <brian@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
To:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   A GUI administration tool for FreeBSD

I've just put up an alpha release of my GUI admin tool for FreeBSD.  I'd
appreciate it if some folks could take a look at it and give me some
feedback.  Bug reports, comments, suggestions, praise, and criticism are
all very welcome. :)

>From the README:

 This is a GUI administration tool for FreeBSD, which hopefully will someday
 soon be something that FreeBSD newbies can use to easily setup, configure,
 and maintain their system.  Currently, it allows root to edit user database,
 add new users, change user editor preferences (/etc/pw.conf), browse
 installed packages and delete them, and browse a list of packages to
 install.

There's also a TODO file in the distribution with quick notes on where I
want to go with this thing.  If you think of something that this should do
that isn't on the list, or would like to contribute code or icons (I'm a
lousy graphic artist), let me know.

Some info and a screenshot can be found at:
http://www.CSUA.Berkeley.EDU/~brian/freebsd-admin/

The distribution tarball is at:
http://www.CSUA.Berkeley.EDU/~brian/freebsd-admin/freebsd_admin-0.1.tgz

--