Date:      12 Nov 1998 01:41:07 +0100
From:      dag-erli@ifi.uio.no (Dag-Erling C. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Sm=F8rgrav?= )
To:        Wolfram Schneider <wosch@panke.de.freebsd.org>
Cc:        Dag-Erling Coidan =?iso-8859-1?Q?Sm=F8rgrav?=  <finrod@ewox.org>, doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Logos on the main www page

Wolfram Schneider <wosch@panke.de.freebsd.org> writes:
> On 1998-11-06 18:55:47 +0100, Dag-Erling Coidan Smørgrav wrote:
> > Also, the FreeBSD Mall logo doesn't look good in such a small size.
> > The contrast is too low, so the word "MALL" is hard to read and the
> > daemon is nearly invisible against the red background; and the grey
> > background doesn't look good against the white background of the page
> I'm not a graphic expert. If you can create a better small
> mall logo send me the patches ;-)

Christopher told me he'd sent you a full-size version which you could
scale down. It'd trivial to fix, anyway; just load the GIF in xv, hit
'e' to enter the color editor, middle-click on one of the gray areas
(say, the top right corner) to select the correct color and sett the
red, green and blue dials to 255. I have a fixed copy at the following

Of course, the Right Way (tm) to fix it is to mark that color (index
0) transparent; the only program I know of which can do that is
giftrans. 'giftrans -t 0 -o mall_trans.gif mall_title_tiny.gif' gives
you <URL:http://www.stud.ifi.uio.no/~dag-erli/pub/mall_trans.gif>;

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - dag-erli@ifi.uio.no