Date:      Tue, 10 Jun 1997 13:56:38 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Randy Katz <randyk@ccsales.com>
To:        Manar Hussain <manar@ivision.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: large number of file handles open

Sounds interesting, theory and all, but who in their right mind would put
500 virtual servers on one machine? Sounds crazy to me... And 1000 file
handles doesn't seem to be a problem for MOST Unixes.

On Tue, 10 Jun 1997, Manar Hussain wrote:

> I've heard one can hit problems with some unices running a large number of
> virtual servers (with say apache) with different log files for each virtual
> server: the problem being that with 500 virtual servers configured you have
> say 1000 file handles you'd want open to the log files. Does anyone know if
> this problem would occur with FreeBSD ???
>
> Manar

RAK

Randy A. Katz
Computer Consultation & Sales
505 S. Beverly Drive, Suite 472			       Beverly Hills, CA  90212
(213) 307-9581					       http://www.ccsales.com