Date:      Wed, 4 Aug 1999 19:59:57 +0100
From:      Mark Ovens <markov@globalnet.co.uk>
To:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Al Gore wants out source code!

Hmm, is this guy on something?

After reading something in a (UK) computer magazine about Al Gore
declaring his Website "Open Source" I decided to check it out, and
sure enough at

http://www.algore2000.com/getinvolved/index.html#open_site

I found:

'In the spirit of the Open Source movement, we have established
the Gore 2000 Volunteer Source Code Project. www.algore2000.com is
an "open site"

Since we launched in April, over 100 different suggestions from
individual source code volunteers have been implemented on the
site

Take a look at our source code. Send us your ideas on how to improve

So, there you have it. If the FreeBSD project thinks Al Gore would
make a good President (I assume he's running for President in 2000)
then send him our source tree, and if not then try to get M$ to
send him theirs :-)