Date:      Wed, 7 Oct 1998 14:33:39 -0400
From:      "Mike Dugas" <mad@inr.net>
To:        <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Qmail/POP Before SMTP

Somebody help me! :-)

Hi :)

I'm running FreeBSD 2.2.7 with Qmail 1.03 installed.  I'm trying to
configure the open-smtp package from the Qmail web site to use POP before
SMTP relaying... As part of the package I need to compile the
"checkpassword" program with a patch... Every time I try to do this, I get
this error:

checkpassword.o: Undefined symbol `_crypt' referenced from text segment
*** Error code 1

And, from what I can see, its true :-) checkpassword.c has an extern for
*crypt, but I can't find it in any of the includes anywhere...

Has anyone had this same problem?  Or does someone have a better solution
for POP before SMTP with Qmail?

Any and all help is appreciated.

Thanks!

--
Mike Dugas                                      Sr. Systems Administrator
mad@inr.net                               InterNet Resource NETworks, LLC