Date:      Thu, 12 Nov 1998 01:14:44 +0000
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@nothing-going-on.demon.co.uk>
To:        Nik Clayton <nik@nothing-going-on.demon.co.uk>, doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DocBook conversion report / CSS

On Wed, Nov 04, 1998 at 11:39:56PM +0000, Nik Clayton wrote:
> DocBook conversion continues apace. The handbook is now split into chunks,
> and is now at the same level (in terms of content) as the original
> LinuxDoc handbook was back when I started this (1st April this year, for
> what it's worth).

OK, it's now at the same level of content as the Handbook was roughly 1
week ago.

My thanks to Charles A. Wimmer, who's done a sterling job in assisting
with sorting through and rewriting the diffs for DocBook.

>   - The stylesheet ignores the remap attribute when rendering <xrefs>
>     so most of the internal links look wrong.

Fixed.

>   - The build process isn't particularly elegant.

Getting more elegant. I'm putting together a Makefile that handles the
whole thing.

>   - Content from the current Handbook needs merging in.

Has been done.

>   - Extended entities (&rdquo; and friends) aren't converted.

Is done.

> Still, here's something for you all to look at
>
>     <URL:http://www.freebsd.org/~nik/handbook/index.html>;

I've updated that (or will have done within 30 minutes of you receiving
this message) -- please take a look. You'll know it's the new one if
the "Disks" and "Backups" chapters are in the table of contents.

Now if we can just get the PostScript and PDF generation working. . .

	    C.R.F. Consulting -- we're run to make me richer. . .