Date:      Thu, 6 Apr 2000 23:46:01 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Kenny Drobnack <kdrobnac@mission.mvnc.edu>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD-4.0 and Parallel Port Zip 100 Drive (fwd)

Walter said that he got his Parallel Port Zip to work by changing the
Parallel Port settings in the BIOS to EPP mode.  It worked.  You may want
to try testing the same thing on laptops...

> In message <20000407015133.A33356@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org> J McKitrick writes:
> : Apparently, they are different enough.  Not sure why, but it matters.  Maybe
> : has to do with PCMCIA, or something like that.  And there is no config that
> : fixes it rightnow, it is broken.
>
> Unless the pcic is using irq 7, I don't see how pcmcia could matter.
> Likely the laptop parallel ports have different settings based on the
> need to conserve power that need to be tweaked in the bios setup.
>
> Warner

-----
In computer terms, hardware is the stuff you can hit with a baseball bat,
and software is the stuff you can only swear at.
   -from a web page explaining what hardware, software, and firmware are
----