Date:      Thu, 29 Mar 2001 23:03:45 -0600 (CST)
From:      David Scheidt <dscheidt@tumbolia.com>
To:        Technical Information <tech_info@threespace.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Chat <chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: How Scientific!

On Thu, 29 Mar 2001, Technical Information wrote:

:
:I don't mind seeing FreeBSD riding the coattails of Linux's increased
:popularity.  Besides, when someone moderately technical asks me what
:FreeBSD is, I'm very likely to mention Linux somewhere in my
:explanation.  My own first knowledge of FreeBSD came as a result of looking
:into various Linux distributions.
:
:--Chip Morton
:

Indeed.  I've gotten a leeast one person to use FreeBSD by answering the
question "Is there a Linux distro that's easy to install, secure, and not a
flaming piece of shit?" with "FreeBSD".  Lent him my CDs, spent an hour
explaining what he'd ha ve to do to get some piece of Linux binary software.
FreeBSD has done a good of job of running Linux software as most of the
Linux distros I've dealt with -- better than quite a lot of them.  I don't
know if that should make me happy or sad.

David Scheidt
--
dscheidt@tumbolia.com
Bipedalism is only a fad.