Date:      Sat, 11 Jul 1998 18:07:00 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
To:        gsutter@pobox.com, freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD E-Zine?

My hidden microphone recorded Gregory Sutter (gsutter@pobox.com) saying:

% On Fri, Jul 10, 1998 at 11:42:58PM +0000, Terry Lambert wrote:
% >
% > "The BSD Standard"
%
% I really like the double meaning in this one.  Perhaps we should keep it
% obvious that it's "The FreeBSD Standard", though?

I'd suggest not.  Make the name generic, and accept articles about
NetBSD, OpenBSD, and even SunOS.  Having freebsd.org on the end of
the server name, and a FreeBSD advertisment in the banner on every
page, along with the "Powered by FreeBSD" logo on the bottom of
every page, should be enough bludgeoning, even for really dense
readers.  ;^)