Date:      Sat, 7 Mar 1998 18:21:48 -0500 (EST)
From:      Tim Vanderhoek <ac199@hwcn.org>
To:        Albert School <aschool@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Obscure contribution

[Sorry if no one replied within a reasonable amount of time ---
this does not reflect lack of interest on our part, but rather
lack of leadership]

On Thu, 5 Mar 1998, Albert School wrote:

> I am interested in contributing to the FreeBSD documentaion
> regarding UUCP configuration as well as some perl code to help
> configure a site for UUCP networking.  I am using UUCP to
> experiment with wireless serial links at 1200baud over 2 meter
> amateur radio frequencies.

This would be great!  Our preferred format for documentation is
DocBook.  You can find more information on DocBook at

http://fallout.campusview.indiana.edu/~jfieber/docbook/

It is not necessary to write documentation in DocBook, however
(although it is preferred :).  If you happen to have some
familiarity with LinuxDoc, that is good, too.  It is also Ok to
submit it as plain text and we will transform it into DocBook
(with the caveat that I have yet to see someone stand-up and say
that they personally will do this work).

You can write the documentation as a stand-alone tutorial or as
an additional section of the handbook.  Either way, we will be
gald to host it on www.FreeBSD.ORG.

Once the documentation is ready, upload it to incoming/ and
notify us about it with send-pr (see the handbook "Contributing"
for details on doing this).

--
 tIM...HOEk
OPTIMIZATION: the process of using many one-letter variables names