Date:      Fri, 09 Apr 2010 07:56:45 -0500
From:      Programmer In Training <pit@joseph-a-nagy-jr.us>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: USB Powered Speakers

--------------enig6F7E2E2988920CA116863479

On 04/09/10 02:17, Fbsd1 wrote:
> Antonio Olivares wrote:
>> On 4/8/10, Programmer In Training <pit@joseph-a-nagy-jr.us> wrote:
>>> I have acquired a pair of Compaq USB /powered/ speakers. On my parent=
>>> XP machine they don't seem to cause any problems, but when I hook it =
up
>>> to listen on my FreeBSD box I have absolutely nothing but problems wi=
th
>>> the speakers (even when turned off but still plugged in) interrupting=

>>> the normal operation of my keyboard (basically it seems that power is=

>>> cut to my keyboard at random). I have a beefy power supply (650W) so =
>>> really shouldn't be having any power distribution issues.
>>>
>>> I've tried the speakers in both the on-board USB ports and the USB
>>> expansion card (PCI) with the same results.
>>>
>>> Any ideas?
>=20
> You really need to explain in detail the problem.

That's as much detail, except for the question below, that I have.

> Without these new speakers plugged in does wall powered speakers work?

Yeah, normal wall speakers work, but I gave those to my mom since these
speakers, even at full blast, only put out a tiny sound on her computer
(normal volume on mine).

--=20
Yours In Christ,

PIT
Original content copyright under the OWL http://owl.apotheon.org
Please do not CC me. If I'm posting to a list it is because I am subscrib=
ed.