Date:      Mon, 22 Jan 1996 08:21:36 -0800 (PST)
From:      Dave Walton <dwalton@psiint.com>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: What printed documentation do we need?

On Mon, 22 Jan 1996, mailing list account wrote:

> It would be a good idea to get some of this stuff [that isn't already covered
> in the BSD Bibles, the URM, USD, SMM, PRM, and PSD [ISBN 1-56592-082-1]]  in a
> book for publication.  One of the reason for Linux's MARKET success is that
> reference books are readily available, right down to 'Dummies Guide' type
> books.
>
> I'm just getting tired of walking into better bookstores and finding almost
> nothing but SysV and Linux crap in the unix section, Only once in the past
> countless years have I seen a book SPECIFICLY geared to BSD.  Hell, you even
> have to special order the 4.4BSD manuals, and wait a few weeks...
>
> These bookstores make BSD the best kept secret in the industry!

This is a really good point.  Has anyone approached O'Reilly about doing
a book on FreeBSD?  My roommate just bought the new second edition of
their System Administration book, and it discusses Linux but not FreeBSD.

Dave

David Walton                                     Programmer
PSI INTERNATIONAL, Inc.                          email: dwalton@psiint.com
190 South Orchard #C200                          Fax  :(707)451-6484
Vacaville, CA 95688                              Phone:(707)451-3503