Date:      Fri, 10 Mar 2000 09:25:28 -0600 (CST)
From:      Vaevictus Asmadi <vae@socket.net>
To:        Matthew Hagerty <matthew@venux.net>
Cc:        isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: POP3 proxy possible?

SSH2 (and 1?) does port forwarding in the commandline...

In a couple of instances, I just connected to the computer i want to
forward to, and to keep the tunnel open, I executed a program that didn't
exit.  It's a bit messy, but it solves some of the problems related here.

ssh2 otherhost -L localport:remotehost:remoteport

is kinda how it works.  This also has the advantage of encrypting the
tunnel.
not very useful with pop3, i'm afraid, but of course, this is a universal
port forward process.

n8

"Art may imitate life,
	but life imitates TV."