Date:      Mon, 8 Jun 1998 10:29:40 -0400 (EDT)
From:      The Classiest Man Alive <ksmm@threespace.com>
To:        Francois LAISSUS <fla@ramidus.lrmh.fr>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Page fault while in kernel mode

On Mon, 8 Jun 1998, Francois LAISSUS wrote:

: Hello,
: When I booted up my machine with 128 Mo instead of 64Mo I got a
: kernel panic. Here the message manually copy from screen :
:
	[ snip, snip ]
:
: The motherboard is an ASUS P2L97 with two DIMMs memory modules. I encounter
: the trouble with any of both.

I believe this is a similar problem to what I saw with my system on
Windows, Linux, and OS/2 Warp.  It seems that the ASUS P2L97 has some
strange and nigh undocumented requirement that the middle DIMM slot be
used last.  Try putting the DIMMs in the outer two slots and see if that
helps.

K.S.