Date:      Mon, 30 Mar 1998 19:31:19 +0200
From:      Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.RWTH-Aachen.DE>
To:        Stephen Wynne <stevemw@northwest.com>
Cc:        Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.RWTH-Aachen.DE>, java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: servlet capable server, jdk1.2beta?

On Mon, Mar 30, 1998 at 03:08:02AM -0800, Stephen Wynne wrote:
> In message <199803301103.NAA01080@gilberto.physik.RWTH-Aachen.DE>,
> Christoph Kukulies writes:
>

>     I'm trying to experiment with servlets. Is there any
>     servlet capable web server for FreeBSD available?
>
>     Is there a way to run jdk1.2beta3 classes under jdk1.1.5 (FreeBSD)?
>
> Chris,
>
> I haven't tried this, but you might check out JServ for Apache. See
> http://java.apache.org/ for more details. Let us know how it goes!
> (I'm not saying that you won't get a better answer from someone else.)

I downloaded jserv0.9.10 and apache-current ans compiled the stuff
under 2.2.5-R.

Well, what I can say so far: I have an apache 1.3b5 httpd running
with servlet support enabled. It spans the java interpreter as it seems
but I'm still unable to make the server find the classes:

/var/log/servlets-errors.log:

Can't find class org.apache.jserv.JServHandler
Can't find class org.apache.jserv.JServHandler
Can't find class org.apache.jserv.JServHandler

Besides this I'm getting bunches of these:

/var/log/httpd-errors.log:

httpd in free(): warning: junk pointer, too high to make sense.
httpd in free(): warning: junk pointer, too high to make sense.
httpd in free(): warning: junk pointer, too high to make sense.

(maybe a consequence of the classes not being found - hope so at least)

What is the ServerName btw.?

I'm trying to increase the debugging level to find out what's happening.