Date:      Sat, 11 Jul 1998 18:01:09 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
To:        reyesf@newsguy.com, chris@bb.cc.wa.us, bear@pacificnet.net
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD E-Zine?

My hidden microphone recorded Joey Garcia (bear@pacificnet.net) saying:

% At 12:14 AM 7/10/98 -0400, Francisco Reyes wrote:
% >On Thu, 9 Jul 1998 07:39:58 -0700 (PDT), Chris Coleman wrote:
% >
% >>> And what about a name for our e-'zine? How about "The FreeBSD Advocate"
% ?
% >>
% >>Any Objections to this name?  I kinda like it.
% >
% >I "personaly" don't like having the word "advocacy" as part of the
% >title. Someone new to FreeBSD may take it as "just" that and have
% >doubts of the "objectivity" of the articles.
% >
% >Another possibility: FreeBSD Informer
% >
%
% What's wrong with "BSD Monthly" or "BSD Weekly" or something like that?

I like the former suggestion, BSD Week.

"Advocate" conjures up visions of rabid Linux fans picketing Fry's. ;^)

"Informer" sounds too much like a guy in a trenchcoat dropping off
microfilm of the newest release.  ;^)

"Daemon's Advocate" would be a great name for a recurring, back-of-the-
website column.  ;^)  You know, a nice place to bitch about how stupid
the world of advertising is, show off the author's knowlege of whatever
language it's currently being written in, etc.  ;^)