Date:      Sun, 8 Nov 1998 14:28:07 +0100
From:      Eivind Eklund <eivind@yes.no>
To:        Sean Kelly <kelly@plutotech.com>, nik@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: TeX problems; Doc. Proj. needs you!

On Sat, Nov 07, 1998 at 10:43:48PM -0700, Sean Kelly wrote:
> > * Download and install print/teTeX-beta from the ports system (you want
> >   a version which identifies itself as 0.9-YYMMDD). It's large, ~30MB of
> >   required distfiles.
>
> What's the difference between teTeX and regular TeX?  I've never heard
> of teTeX until you mentioned it, and the ports description isn't
> terribly helpful.

teTeX is a distribution of TeX.  A lot of people hate it, but it seems
there are some that like it (I've not encountered an actual example of
these 'someones' yet, but I see it profilerating everywhere, so they
should exist...)

Another alternative would be the University of Oslo distribution; it
is supposed to be good.  (Warning: The author is an acquaintance of
mine, so my local landscape is likely to be tainted).

Eivind.