Date:      Thu, 7 Jan 1999 14:20:42 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
To:        FreeBSD-chat <freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   New Majordomo Feature

I am normally pretty quiet about spam as making a lot of noise about it
does little to solve the problem. I know jmb works hard to keep the noise
down. I thought of a way that we can help him, if it is feasible.

Can majordomo be configured to respond to a new command?

The new command would be "spamthread". Anyone who is a subscriber could
issue it by sending a reply to Majordomo. Majordomo would read the command
in the body and then look at the subject header. Majordomo would shunt all
spamthread messages with the offending subject to /dev/null or perhaps a
queue for evaluation, banishment, or nuclear assault.

The idea is that maybe the first person who catches one of these threads
that hits every single list can limit the damage by issuing a spamthread
command.

If a feature like this were available I would use it.

I would love to tell the postmaster about every spam that comes along but
I just know that he probably gets as much mail about spam as he does spam.

My $.02.

Catchya Later,		|	UW Mechanical Engineering
Jason Wells		|	http://weber.u.washington.edu/~jcwells/