Date:      Sat, 07 Mar 1998 17:20:44 -0800
From:      stan <sbown@infowest.com>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   motherboard needed, can you please help

March 6, 1998
Ladies & Gentlemen:

Please direct my inquiry to the right person:

It has been very difficult adjusting to living and not allowing my
disabilities to block my progress. (I am a disabled veteran, from the
Desert Storm era).   During the last 18 months, I have written many
companies such as yours, seeking someone to help me obtain an updated
computer.  One that could use while attending college at home.  Several of
my school counselors said if I had a computer at home similar to what the
school uses, I could work at my own speed and pace.  I would more likely be
able to retain what was taught in class, as well as learn how to use and
incorporate programs into a business environment.  I am learning about
using computers in to days businesses. The school has a lab that I use, but
sometimes my disabilities can't handle the pressures there.

I realize it is difficult for companies to give things away when there's no
profit in it.  And asking for a whole computer system is even more
difficult.  So instead my inquiry was for parts to build a system.  I was
able to get almost all the parts I needed....Yesterday, I finally got a K6
CPU, but the promised Pentium motherboard never came. (still will need a
video card too)  I have a friend that will help me install the parts and
get them working.

Many other veterans I know don't ask once they have been turned down, but
as one counselor said, I don't have much more to loose by asking.  I would
hope that someone will reply, even if you cannot help.  I can send you a
copy of a statement from Veteran Affairs verifying my disabilities if needed.

Sincerely,

Stan Bown
E-mail:sbown@infowest.com

PS: I'm still hoping to have a PC ready for finals