Date:      Fri, 7 Apr 2000 16:27:17 +0100
From:      Ben Smithurst <ben@scientia.demon.co.uk>
To:        David Nixon <david.nixon@mantech.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Attachments request -OOOOOPS

David Nixon wrote:

> Now back to your first e-mail.  I mentioned the setting for vi in
> response to Chad R. Larson's e-mail.  He specifically mentioned that
> he used vi for e-mail in a previous e-mail.  If you go back and reread
> his message then you might realize why I mentioned it.  I honestly
> ask, does Chad Larson change that setting for e-mail then change
> it back for other vi uses?  If not, then he and everyone else who
> does not format their text at less that 65 characters are guilty of
> violating RFC 1855 (as you have quoted this group).

Most people use 80 characters, which is a hell of a lot closer to 65
than your unbroken lines (or broken, depending on which way you look at
it).

> multiple columns just for fun?  Anyway, read this extract from RFC 1855 and
>
> Count the splats.  This line appears in Ben Smithurst's message below.  How many characters per line?
> Hypocritical.....  Welcome to the guilty.

Shit, I'm about 10 characters over the limit.  You're a few hundred over.
Nevermind, you're getting boring now.  You'll be glad to know you'll get no
more responses from me.

*plonk*

--
Ben Smithurst / ben@scientia.demon.co.uk / PGP: 0x99392F7D