Date:      Wed, 13 Sep 2006 13:14:44 -0400
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Brian Reichert <reichert@numachi.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hubs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Pruning the FreeBSD software for mirroring

--uAKRQypu60I7Lcqm

On Wed, Sep 13, 2006 at 01:03:13PM -0400, Brian Reichert wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 13, 2006 at 08:45:29PM +0530, Girish Venkatachalam wrote:
> > 	However we are concerned about the size of 300GB. Is there a way by wh=
ich we can prune certain "unnecesssary" or let me put it this way, less fre=
quently downloaded stuff?
>=20
> Depending on how you mirror (rsync, CVSup, etc.), you can craft exclude
> clauses to avoid what you want.

You can almost certainly drop the ia64 packages without anyone
noticing, but you should really try to mirror the full i386 and amd64
sets.  sparc64 is probably lower use, but still worth mirroring if you
can (at least 6.x and 7.x).

Kris

--uAKRQypu60I7Lcqm

--uAKRQypu60I7Lcqm--