Date:      Tue, 10 Jun 1997 15:54:04 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        Bernie Doehner <bad@uhf.wireless.net>
Cc:        "Tom T. Thai" <tomthai@future.net>, "Yury V. Savin" <msav@kari.ru>, freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Wavelan ISA Card???

> > how much do these cards run and what is their performance like?
>
> OEM channels (NCR and DEC) run about $500-650 each. I got my full-height's
> at $150 (but they were pullouts from somewhere else) and older version.

How do they compare to something like the old Xircom cards (now bought
out by NetWave)?  I'm in the market, and we'd like to find something
that's cheap, but my initial impressions of the NWave cards are they are
*extremely* slow and pretty useless for real work.  (I got 5K/sec out of
them with the base station and a laptop running Win95.)

I didn't buy them, but they were bought because they were
cheap/cheap/cheap.  $950 for the base-station, and $250/PCMCIA card.

Nate