Date:      Tue, 19 Nov 1996 22:08:53 +0100 (MET)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD-current users)
Subject:   Re: cdrom boot?

p.s.:

As Greg Lehey wrote:

> - The specs and a cookbook for making bootable CD-ROMs are available
>   in Adobe Acrobat format (whatever that may be) from a link in
>   http://www.ptltd.com/techs/specs.html.  Maybe somebody can convert
>   them to PostScript for the rest of us to look at.

Btw., forget about that ``cookbook''.  It's silly and not what we are
looking for.  It's not worth to waste the Internet bandwidth sucking
that document.  Get the El Torito specs, take an eraser, erase every-
thing they call ``emulation booting'', and use the remaining 20 % of
that document as the basis of your thoughts.

--
cheers, J"org