Date:      Tue, 27 Jul 1999 17:05:22 +0100
From:      Karl Pielorz <kpielorz@tdx.co.uk>
To:        Steve Ames <steve@cioe.com>
Cc:        LutzRab@omc.net, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Project looking for a switch

[this has been cc'd to -chat - which I think/hope is more appropriate]

Steve Ames wrote:

> I thought subscribing to the CDs _IS_ a form of donation... since most
> of us really have no need of CDs really, just something tangeble to
> show to our bosses and controllers. I've convinced my company to subscribe
> to every version of FreeBSD for the last couple of years. Subscribed to
> snapshots when they were available.

I'd guess they get a higher %age of the money from just the 'donate'
button, but at the same time - if you get something thats more sellable
to managers etc. - and a usefull copy of FreeBSD, you can't complain :)

> Its hard to convince the corporate types to _donate_.

Yes, I've hit the same problem here... What would be good / interesting
is to have some feedback from this... I myself have been to the donate
page (I'm trying to pursuade my employer to :) - But it would be good
form a 'feel good factor' to hear when they actually get enough cash to
get the switch...

I guess this could easily get out of hand though - i.e. we don't want
people suddenly demanding detailed expenditure reports, or precise
details of "where my money" went... :(

-Kp