Date:      Fri, 7 Apr 2000 16:19:04 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Matt Heckaman <matt@ARPA.MAIL.NET>
Cc:        Mikhail Teterin <mi@mail.virtual-estates.net>, stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: openssl broken in 4.0?

On Fri, 7 Apr 2000, Matt Heckaman wrote:

> I had this problem, installed the rsaref port *after* the make world and
> it worked like a charm. I do have another problem though, everytime I run

That shouldn't be necessary. Nothing in the base system should be
getting explicitly linked against librsaref or require it to be present at
compile-time - the library is dynamically loaded at runtime if required.

> a make world, my /etc/make.conf gets modified in ONE specific way, my line
> that says USA_RESIDENT=YES is changed to USA_RESIDENT=NO, it's driving me
> crazy.

No idea. You're right that nothing during make world should be touching
that file.

Kris

----