Date:      Fri, 09 Mar 2001 09:57:55 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        Lars Eggert <larse@ISI.EDU>
Cc:        Mike Whitley <mwhitley@borg.proceon.com>, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Linksys PCMPC100

In message <3AA84082.366458FC@isi.edu> Lars Eggert writes:
: Another piece to the puzzle of bad network performance of the Linksys cards
: is that they're only supported as generic NE2000 cards with 8K of memory by
: the ed driver. 1.5K are used for the send buffer, 6.5K remain for the
: receive buffer. This is a shortcoming of the ed driver, since the Linksys
: cards have 32K of memory.

That's interesting.  I'll have to look at this more closely.  I have
two of the dlink based cards (The linksys and the netgear fa410).

: The patch below fixes a small bug in the ed driver that causes only 8K
: instead of 16K (as normal for 16bit cards) to be used. However, full
: support for the Linksys cards should really be added to the ed driver. The
: code in http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=12088 looks promising,
: but doesn't apply cleanly due to bitrot.

This patch has been added to -current.  However, there are some issues
with it that preclude its MFC for 4.3.  It should be MFCd after these
issues are resolved.

Warner