Date:      Fri, 27 Oct 1995 07:49:52 -0500
From:      peter@taronga.com (Peter da Silva)
To:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Manual in printed form

In article <199510261619.JAA11844@freefall.freebsd.org>,
Gary Clark II  <gclarkii@freefall.freebsd.org> wrote:
>John, I would prefer to stick with LaTeX for printing vice groff!
>The reason why I say this is groff just can not produce nice output.

I would disagree. I much prefer reading troff output than tex, though
that could simply be a factor of the way the default macro packages
behave. TeX documents tend to oversized text, inconsistent headers and
footers, and while Computer Modern is a pleasant enough typeface it
doesn't benefit at all from our 600 dpi laser printers.

You can quite likely get better results from TeX if you work at it, but
it's much easier to get acceptable output from troff.