Date:      Thu, 06 Jun 1996 10:46:37 -0500
From:      Rick Gray <rickg@nwpros.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: your mail

At 09:32 AM 6/6/96 -0400, you wrote:
>On Thu, 6 Jun 1996, Richard Beyer wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Can anyone point me to a tutorial on setting virtual domains
>> (specifically for web).
>
>man ifconfig
>
>(ex. ifconfig ed0 alias 199.212.111.111  adds that IP number to interface
>ed0...)

Also check out www.apache.org if you are using it. It has good examples on
setting up your .conf files.

I have noticed that you have to configure your files to suit your system. I
had to use the search engine on FBSD home page to get extra examples. Then I
had to improvise and make it work on my machines. Took a little tweaking but
it works! In a nutshell:

Make SOA zone files
edit named.boot
edit .rev file
Add VirtualHost to httpd.conf
edit rc.local
restart named and httpd

For sendmail to work I had to edit sendmail.cf by adding to Cw...

Hope this helps. Good luck!
Rick Gray
Network Pros, Inc.

rickg@nwpros.com