Date:      Sat, 8 Apr 2000 13:10:52 +0200
From:      Szilveszter Adam <sziszi@petra.hos.u-szeged.hu>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: openssh/libssh looks b0rkened, or something

On Sat, Apr 08, 2000 at 12:52:39PM +0200, BARRY BOUWSMA IS AN INFLUX OF CONTUMELIOUS FINKS wrote:

> > - if the source code changes from underneath a
> > partially completed buildworld you're bound to get problems.
>
> So, if I may ask, where is it appropriate to use `make NOCLEAN=YES ...'
> for a bvuildworld?  I was hoping this would handle the changed source
> files cleanly, but this wasn't one of those times...

The answer is simple: take the negative:-) OK so if the source code has not
changed and the buildworld process is already past the bootstrapping and
tool-building phase. You can see this if "Building everything" is present in
your logs or scrolls by on your monitor:-) In all other cases, well... you
have been warned...

BTW buildworld takes about 4hrs on this machine (PII 233, 64M RAM) with
RELENG_4 sources... kinda long:-( but I even managed to mix up the steps
once and after buildworld finished, I blew /usr/obj before I did an
installworld:-) (obviously, running low on sleep on that one) man, was I
angry...:-))))

Regards:
Szilveszter ADAM
Szeged University