Date:      Wed, 5 Nov 2003 13:32:47 +0100
From:      rupp@coredump.at
To:        Fred Clift <fclift@verio.net>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Miata MX5 and 64 bit gigabit ethernet

On Tue, Nov 04, 2003 at 03:57:23PM -0700, Fred Clift wrote:
> The best answer for you is to get one and try it, or perhaps not bother at
> all.

I just tried a DEGPA-TA in my PWS500au with bug.

SRM does not see the card, but Tru64 5.1A initialises it correctly
during boot. Autonegotiate problems with a brain dead unmanaged switch
have been solved with lan_config.

Diagnosis: works perfectly in a 64bit slot.
pci_device_override is set to -1 and pci_parity is 1.

I have no possibility to test the card with FreeBSD at the moment.

The question remains if it is reasonable to buy a network card that
is more expensive than a used Miata.

Wolfgang Rupp