Date:      Sat, 8 Apr 2000 16:34:56 -0300 (ADT)
From:      Bryan Bursey <bbmail@cfdnet.me.tuns.ca>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Slow TCP traffic between 3.4-S and 4.0-S

Hi...

I believe you'll notice that your 4.0-STABLE machine is defaulting to
using FTP_PASSIVE_MODE=YES as defined in the /etc/login.conf file.  This
is the 'default' setting, which you can override if you change your
environment variable appropriately or change that line in login.conf.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Bryan