Date:      Thu, 07 Jan 1999 18:57:33 -0500
From:      Drew Baxter <netmonger@genesis.ispace.com>
To:        "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>, Graeme Cross <graeme@babylon.wsc.monash.edu.au>
Cc:        FreeBSD-chat <freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: New Majordomo Feature

At 03:52 PM 1/7/99 -0800, Jason C. Wells wrote:
>On Fri, 8 Jan 1999, Graeme Cross wrote:
>
>>Jason, there is too much potential here for abuse.
>
>Perhaps. I say that we already trust ourselves to not abuse the lists.
>
>Also, the description of the possible solution was incredibly simple. As a
>check against abuse there could be a tally of spamthread commands. Two
>strikes and your out.
>
>>mailing list spam becomes negligible.
>
>Nearly all of my spam comes from these lists. Granted, spam is a low
>percentage of my total traffic. I thought maybe my idea could help the
>people on the lists help themselves as well as the postmaster.

The idea, is good.. And it should be an 'optional feature' of Majordomo
perhaps.. I do think it would end up a 'pissing contest' in this atmosphere
though.  There is resolution in the threads, sometimes it just takes a
while to get there :-)

That's my .02$ worth.

---
Drew "Droobie" Baxter
Network Admin/Professional Computer Nerd(TM)
OneEX: The OneNetwork Exchange, Bangor Maine USA
http://www.droo.orland.me.us

PGP ID: 409A1F7D