Date:      Mon, 10 Nov 1997 17:48:36 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Stephen Roome <steve@visint.co.uk>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        Ruslan Shevchenko <Ruslan@shevchenko.kiev.ua>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Could FreeBSD be a viable platform for large SQL/SAP/etc  enterprise applications?

On Mon, 10 Nov 1997, Amancio Hasty wrote:

> Nope, just back up your statement . I am not saying that FreeBSD is
> the best OS in the world. BTW: this is not a psychology test. I refuse
> to fall into the argument of justifying my inquisition on your
> unqualified and unquantified assertions. If you wish to open
> a thesis statement then at least you have to further elaborate
> on the ways that FreeBSD can be improved .
>
> "For clients -- if you love Unix -- then Linux "
>
> warrants an explanation or justification because  is
> too vague  for an intelligent discussion in this forum .

Either I'm dealing with idiot clients who just want it sorted and one big
red button to bang their heads off.

OR:

I'm in marketing and I didn't know that computers did anything other than
provide big red buttons to bang my head off, so I'd sell that.

After all it's probably the clients money and what they really want is an
O2, fresh from the SGI factory, with the hoover attachment as well.
(Well, they look like vacuum cleaners to me, but clients like them!)

Seriously though, I can't see in what context I'd be giving Linux, which
is pretty renowned for being non-standard to a 'client who so far has been
described as loving UNIX' and _wants_ Unix, not a UNIX-like OS.

Anyway who said -chat needs to be intelligent conversation!

	Steve

--
Steve Roome - Vision Interactive Ltd.
Tel:+44(0)117 9730597 Home:+44(0)976 241342