Date:      Mon, 3 Apr 2000 09:39:39 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Brennan W Stehling <brennan@offwhite.net>
To:        Jim Weeks <jim@siteplus.net>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: make world failed

I also read the release notes and errata.  I read that weeks before
attempting this upgrade.  I actually waited until it was marked as STABLE
for a week or two and then started my upgrade.

The problem was that the makeworld.html page did not warn that moving from
3.x to 4.0 needed to be done differently.  I used that documentation many
times in the past and it did not show any indication that it would be
different now.

Once again, consider your comments before you make them.  This is my home
box and I can only work with what I can find on the freebsd.org and other
bsd sites.  I actually rely heavily on them for doing just about every
task that I have learned to do in the last 2 years.

I am not a moron that does not read any documentation.  So let me lash
back a bit here, maybe you should read someones full email and the rest of
the thread before flaming them.

You only come off as a prick and discourage people from using FreeBSD.  I
love it and have been using it for over 2 years but the flames I got
recently when asking for a few suggestions have been discouraging.

It's like I should just stick to reading the README's and online
documentation and avoid all contact with any mailing list or chat room.
If that is the case, I will be happy to switch over to MacOS X Server
where my experience with that user base has been quite helpful and
friendly.

It also happens to be based on FreeBSD, as you already should know.

Brennan Stehling - web developer and sys admin
projects: www.onmilwaukee.com | www.sncalumni.com

fortune:
VYARZERZOMANIMORORSEZASSEZANSERAREORSES?