Date:      Sat, 8 Apr 2000 20:04:00 -0400 (EDT)
From:      David Gilbert <dgilbert@velocet.ca>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Cc:        David Gilbert <dgilbert@velocet.ca>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PCCARD almost working, no IRQ.

>>>>> "Warner" == Warner Losh <imp@village.org> writes:

Warner> In message <14575.45948.284050.813029@trooper.velocet.net>
Warner> David Gilbert writes: : I've looked around at the various
Warner> resources... and I can't find out : why my PCCARD (an ep0)
Warner> can't find an IRQ.  There are a number of IRQ's : that are
Warner> unused listed at the top of the pccard.conf file.

Warner> Are only interrupts that aren't used listed in pccard.conf?
Warner> Are you sure you are using pccard.conf and not .sample?  If a
Warner> used irq is listed in pccard.conf, it will fail.

Well... I removed IRQ 10 because it was used by the card0 controller.
I will reverify the list, tho.

Warner> : I also had to adjust the address of the pccard controller
Warner> card0 to : 0xfcfc.  It shows up as a PCI device pcic-pci0, but
Warner> I have to hardwire : the address to get it to probe.

Warner> That's the most wacked out address I think that I've ever seen
Warner> for a pcic device, and almost certainly wrong.

Warner> : It does detect the insert and removal of the ep0 card, and
Warner> that it is : indeed a ep0, but it can't get an interupt.

Warner> If you say it works.. wow.

I used this address because the pcic-pci0 device listed it.  I
remember having to set this last time I installed PAO on this laptop
(likely 3.0 or 3.1 of PAO).  I was just wondering why card0 couldn't
pick up this PCI device.

Dave.