Date:      Fri, 2 Mar 2001 12:41:16 -0600
From:      "Jacques A. Vidrine" <n@nectar.com>
To:        Garrett Rooney <rooneg@electricjellyfish.net>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: [patch] which package functionality for pkg_info

On Thu, Mar 01, 2001 at 01:30:20PM -0500, Garrett Rooney wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 01, 2001 at 07:55:24PM +0200, Maxim Sobolev wrote:
> > Please also try to review usage of MAXPATHLEN vs. FILENAME_MAX, I supect that
> > you should use one of these uniformely across the code.
>
> after looking at the rest of the code, i've changed everything to use
> FILENAME_MAX.  it's more consistent, and they're defined to be the same thing
> anyway.

Actually you want PATH_MAX.  For our platform, FILENAME_MAX == PATH_MAX,
but that is not the same everywhere.  When you use `FILENAME_MAX', you
are talking about the length of a single path component (e.g. "foo-1.2").
Use  `PATH_MAX'  when  you  mean  a  path  name  (e.g.  "./foo-1.2"  or
"/var/db/pkg/foo-1.2").

Cheers,
--
Jacques Vidrine / n@nectar.com / jvidrine@verio.net / nectar@FreeBSD.org