Date:      Tue, 27 Feb 1996 09:29:52 -0600
From:      Enrico Brunetta <enrico@mikimen.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   need suggestions on ISP costs

Hello there,

my partner and I just had this idea of becoming some sort of an ISP using our
existing FreeBSD computers (a couple of P133 with Adapt.2940 and around 4Gb of
disk space).

What we would like to do is to provide internet access to a restricted
number of ISDN users (we already have around 10 friends interested) for
a cheaper rate than the ongoing ISP rate here in town (Austin,Tx). We
already have office space and computer equipment.

This venture is not meant to be profitable for us, and we are trying to
determine what are the expenses to set it up. Once determined how much it'll
cost, we'll decide what is the minimum number of people that we need to involve
to split the amount. (Hopefully it's not going to be a HUGE number :)

We might be interested in leasing a T1.

What is an average price for leasing a line ?

Any installation costs ?

How do we connect the FreeBSD computer to the T1 ?

How much does the hardware cost ?

Also, since the incoming lines are ISDN what kind of equipment do we need to
connect ISDN lines ?

How much would it cost ?

Thanks for any help,

Enrico.

enrico@mikimen.com      *     Enrico Brunetta     *       (512) 345-3045
     The Mikimen Group, 11008 Jollyville Rd #216, Austin, TX  78759