Date:      Sat, 10 Mar 2001 12:03:17 +0300
From:      Juriy Goloveshkin <juriy@avias.com>
To:        The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sony VAIO: hibernation to disk vs ram?

On Fri, Mar 09, 2001 at 07:38:51PM -0400, The Hermit Hacker wrote:
> 	can someone tell me how to *properly* suspend FreeBSD on a VAIO? I
> have a 207Meg (192Meg of RAM) 'file system' at the end of the disk for the
> dump to disk ... hitting fn-f12 appears to do a 'to RAM' suspend, which,of
> course, is draining my battery somewhat, reducing the battery lifetime ...
How did you create this 'file system'?
The right way is to use utility from vaio compact disk(in disk boot image).
You can also do this without utility by creating partition with sysid 160(the place on disk is where you want, but the number of partition migth be important - 4th).
don't forget about cold reboot...
don't use acpica, only apm.

--
Bye