Date:      Mon, 3 Apr 2000 10:49:12 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Vivek Khera <khera@kciLink.com>
To:        Mikhail Teterin <mi@kot.ne.mediaone.net>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: dufus.[...] daily run output -- summer time

MT> I'm sure plenty of people observed this and it is probably already fixed
MT> too. My  question is,  why do  I have  the correct  time on  the machine

MT> -1d: Cannot apply date adjustment

I got it as well.  My guess is that by the time the
/etc/periodic/daily/460.status-mail-rejects file is run from the daily
peroidic run, it is passed 2am, say 2:01am.  This is likely since the
daily processing starts at 1:59am and might take a little while to
run.  Asking for the date one day prior to this time is an error,
since 2:01am did not exist the day before.

It appears to me that the daily runs should happen well before or well
after the usual standard/daylight time switchover occurs.