Date:      Wed, 4 Aug 1999 18:47:21 -0400
From:      Tim Vanderhoek <vanderh@ecf.utoronto.ca>
To:        David Scheidt <dscheidt@enteract.com>
Cc:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>, Phil Regnauld <regnauld@ftf.net>, markov@globalnet.co.uk, sfuqua@nas.nasa.gov, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD cures RSI

On Wed, Aug 04, 1999 at 02:06:49PM -0500, David Scheidt wrote:

>           People older than 27 or so can touch type; people younger than
> this can't.  There are exceptions, of course.

Yes, absolutely, some generations are doomed to being complete
failures at certain activities.  This isn't their fault, but usually
the fault of the generation that came before them.  For example,
earlier in this century, there was a large war.  To make-up for the
war, everyone had a lot of sex and produced many children.
Unfortunately, because there were too many children, an imbalance of
power occurred and enmity developed between the two generations.  The
older generation began to stereotype the younger generation.  There's
nothing wrong with stereotypes (provided they're correct).
Unfortunately, the younger generation reacted to the negative (but not
necessarily, although perhaps, wrong) stereotype.  This backlash
reaction doomed that younger generation...they will never be able to
correctly define an attribute-set held by any group of people (such as
the generation after them, for example).  Examples of this inability
can be seen all over the place.

--
This is my .signature which gets appended to the end of my messages.