Date:      Fri, 24 Feb 2012 02:06:35 GMT
From:      Colin Wass <cwass1@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   i386/165434: Install fail Error 19

>Number:         165434
>Category:       i386
>Synopsis:       Install fail Error 19
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
I just received the DVD from FreeBSD Mall, and attempted to install.  The boot process fails with a number of USB errors then the final message:

Mounting from cd9660:/dev/iso9660/FREEBSD_I386 failed with error 19

The key elements from the USB errors:

usb_alloc_device: set address 2 failed usb_error_timeout
ugen0.2: unknown @ usbus0
uhub_reattach_port could not allocate new device

The motherboard is ASUS P5N-E SLI
The processor is Intel core 2 quad 2.4 GHZ

I'm not sure if it's relevant, but when the boot process fails, I see uhub0 and uhub1.  When I boot in safe mode, it starts up fine but only uhub1 is shown in dmesg.

It's very difficult to capture debug information given the FreeBSD machine doesn't boot except in safe mode.
>How-To-Repeat:
Installation on similar motherboard.