Date:      Wed, 11 Aug 1999 17:11:34 -0700
From:      Doug <Doug@gorean.org>
To:        allanr@ssimicro.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, Gary Kline <kline@tera.com>, Dutch Collins <dutch@charm.net>, Mitch Collinsworth <mkc@Graphics.Cornell.EDU>, Thomas Good <tomg@nrnet.org>
Subject:   Re: Question about the mascot

Allan Ross wrote:

> I have been following this thread rather closely, out of a morbid sense
> of curiosity more than anything. I wasn't planning on commenting, but
> the more I thought about the issue, the more it bothered me. In a
> nutshell, one camp has asked for advertising material without the demon
> and then gone on to argue that the whole use of the demon as a mascot
> should be stopped.

	You are, quite simply, wrong. No one has said that. If you think you read
someone saying that, check again. What I have said, about 8 times now is
that the "little devil" makes some people uncomfortable and that
promotional materials without it would be a good thing. That's all, period.

	This argument is silly enough without misrepresenting what's been said.

Doug