Date:      Tue, 05 Feb 2002 21:10:27 -0500
From:      Damien Tougas <damien@tougas.net>
To:        chip <chip@wiegand.org>
Cc:        freebsd chat <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: email, email, email,  :-(

Mulberry is probably the most powerful GUI e-mail client I have used,
especially for IMAP, but it also works very will with POP3 servers.

You have to run it in Linux emulation and it is not free, but it IMO it
is well worth the money.

http://www.cyrusoft.com

---
Damien Tougas

--On Sunday, February 03, 2002 09:43:06 -0700 Brett Glass
<brett@lariat.org> wrote:

> The best e-mail client that has not been utterly killed by
> Microsoft Outlook (which caused several companies to drop
> promising products when it appeared in MS Office) is
> Eudora Pro. It works under WINE, I'm told, in both the
> paid mode and the free "Lite" mode.
>
> --Brett
>
> At 01:56 AM 2/2/2002, chip wrote:
>
>> I am dissatisfied with the gui mail clients. Netscape6 mail does
>> everything I desire but is slower than a slug. I've tried at least 8
>> or 10, maybe more, other gui mail clients from the ports and none of
>> them contain all the features of netscape mail but they are all
>> faster. Some won't install at all, some won't connect to my isp's
>> pop server (some will), some are missing too many desired features
>> auto-downloading messages and filtering. So, with that said, I
>> installed Pine and Procmail. I've used Pine a bit in the past at the
>> University, so I am familiar with it. What do I need a pretty gui
>> for anyway, right? I thought procmail could download my email from
>> my isp's pop server, but don't see how. Maybe I need another app yet?
>> What do some of you guys use, to download, filter, and read your
>> mail from so many mail lists?
>>
>> --
>> Chip Wiegand
>> www.wiegand.org